We’ve teamed up with Olivia Williamson to create this light and summery cheesecake with our new Strawberry and Mascarpone limited edition yoghurt. This is sure to hit the spot with the whole family!
Alrighty, you’ll need:
- 12g powdered gelatin
- 70g unsalted butter
- 190g digestive biscuits
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 250ml double cream
- 400g cream cheese
- 450g The Collective Strawberry ‘n’ Mascarpone Yoghurt
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
Now you need to:
- Put the gelatin in a small bowl with 3 tablespoons of water and leave to soften.
- Unclip the base of a circular loose-bottom tin and cover with greaseproof paper. Push the base back into the tin and secure it so that the paper is tightly covering the base and the excess is hanging underneath.
- Melt the butter in a pan or in the microwave.
- Put the biscuits in a food processor and blend until they resemble breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter, demerara sugar and salt and pulse to combine. Spoon into the prepared tin and use the back of a spoon to press it down evenly to form the base of the cheesecake. Chill until ready to use.
- Heat a few inches of water in a small pan and stand the bowl with the gelatin in it creating a bain marie to heat up. Whisk gently until the gelatin has dissolved to a liquid. Remove the bowl of gelatin from the pan and leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk the double cream until it thickens and forms soft peaks.
- Rinse and dry the food processor then blend the cream cheese, yoghurt, icing sugar and vanilla together until smooth. Pour in the liquid gelatin and blend again. Fold a few tablespoons of the yoghurt mixture into the whipped cream to loosen it. Fold in the rest of the yoghurt mix until completely combined.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture onto the biscuit base and smooth the top with a spatula. Cover the tin with cling film and chill for around 6 hours or until set.
- Serve with fresh strawberries on top, if desired.
If you make our Strawberry and Mascarpone Cheesecake, then share it with us on social media and tag us in your creations using #thecollectivekitchen and we might have to treat you!
Facebook – thecollectiveinuk
Twitter – collectivedairy
Instagram – thecollectiveuk